Wednesday, 8 April 2009
1. Keep them simple, clear and visual
2. Less is more - do not cram too many words on to your slides
3. Use key points, not long sentences
4. Follow the 6 x 6 rule - six words per key point, six key points per slide
5. Make sure the points are easy to read - font size at least 24
6. Dark text on light background is ideal
7. Steer clear of complex patterns or backgrounds
8. Take care with colours - mixing them up can make text hard to read.
9. Avoid sound effects - and flying graphics - and slow builds!
10. Use images - pictures and graphs add interest!!!
based on Personal Impact, what it takes to make a difference - Vickers, Bavister and Smith 2009
You can order the book, Personal Impact from Amazon.
Bookmark this on Delicious